About Harvard Women in Chemistry (HWIC)
Our group is dedicated to addressing issues concerning the representation and quality of life of women in STEM fields, particularly chemistry. We are dedicated to outreach to the local community to promote awareness of women in chemistry. We also strive to promote equity and inclusion, particularly for gender based issues, in the Harvard Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology. We are committed to promoting all peoples in STEM that identify as women, of all races, religions, disability and sexual orientation.
To support our community, we:
- Engage in outreach with the local Boston community to promote interest and awareness of women in science
- Schedule regular, informal lunches with eminent female scientists
- Provide networking opportunities with both academic scientists and female leaders in industry
- Encourage recruitment of women, and scientists who support women, to the CCB Graduate program
- Foster a community among members of CCB that support women in science
Contact us at email@example.com or on Twitter @HarvardWIC!