Source: Stabroek News
On October 29, 2005 the Stabroek News reported, "The Hague Front Saraswati Devi Mandir was recently declared open by Pandit Yoganand Ramnarain of Queens, New York. Construction of the mandir complex commenced almost three years ago mostly from numerous fund-raising activities and funds donated by devotees, mandirs and businesses of the New York area. A press release from the USA Trustee of the Hague Front Saraswati Devi Mandir stated that over 75 percent of funds came from overseas sources, while locally the members were able to generate the remaining 25 percent from fund-raising efforts, businesses and devotees living in Guyana. This was spearheaded by the USA Trustee Anil Deon Bedasie who is a former resident of Hague Village. The entire mandir complex was designed by Bedasie who consulted numerous pandits swamis and other specialists with experience in temple building from the USA, Guyana, Trinidad and South India."